Friday, October 7, 2016

Cedar Point - Fun for the whole Family

If you haven’t gone to Cedar Point during Hallo Weekends you are definitely missing out on a lot of fun for all of your family. Hallo Weekends run between September 16th through October 30th.  I took my family recently and it was so much fun. The lines for the rides were short and it got even more entertaining when the sun went down.  There are fourteen haunt attractions and twenty-one great pumpkin fest attractions in the whole park. There are pathways in the park that had people dressed in costumes ready to scare you.  If you have small children that don’t want to be scared you can buy a “No Boo” light up the necklace for just $8.00 that will keep the scary characters away.  They can even go into the haunted attractions with the necklace on and will be bothered by the characters. 
The whole park is decorated so nicely and festive for Halloween. There are so many photo opportunities.

They have over a thousand pumpkins decorated or designed in a way that’s really festive.  They have tombstones everywhere throughout the park.  You can even bring your kids dressed up in costume and they have designated attractions that give out candy to them.
I do want to give you a heads up on something though when you are there don’t buy the souvenir cups to drink out of because you will have to buy a locker to store it because all of the rides will not let you use the storage bins to put the cups in. The rate for the lockers is $4.00 for 4 hours.
The newest roller coaster, Valravn was a great ride; I definitely recommend riding in the very front of this coaster to really get the effect of the first drop.  It’s the best seat on that roller coaster.
The first night we were there, they had a funeral procession for the Mean Streak roller coaster because they shut it down.  I am actually pretty happy about that, it was the worst roller coaster ride in the whole park.



My top five favorite roller coasters at Cedar Point are:
1. Valravn
2. GateKeeper
3. Millennium Force
4. Maverick
5. Raptor 


My top five scary attractions are:
1. Eternity Infirmary
2. Blood on the Bayou
3. Screamworks
4. Slaughter House
5. Erie Estates.


The only haunted attractions I didn’t get to go see was the Eden House and the Zombie High School. Hopefully next year, I will be able to go back and experience those two haunted attractions.

A fun attraction the all of my kids loved was the Linus Mummy Pit which was bubbles or foam that they got to play with that were shooting out of two machines. They loved it, but I have to warn you, they will get a little wet if they put bubbles all over them. They did have towels there to help dry you off after playing with the bubbles.

An awesome show to watch while you are there are the “Blood Drums”.  They had these zombies that would come out and do trapeze stunts which were awesome to watch while the drummer played his drums from high above.
They also have wristbands you can buy to for all day drinks and food which I think is definitely well worth the price.  For the food wristband, you can eat every 90 minutes at many food places. The drink plan is nice because you don’t have to carry a souvenir and rent a locker to store it. 
All in all, it was a great time for the whole family and less wait time for rides. Definitely, plan a trip to Cedar Point, you don't want to miss out on all of the fun you and your family can have. To learn more about Cedar Point Amusement Park, click here.

21 comments:

  1. That's funny re: the funeral procession for Mean Streak. It always made my head hurt after but I liked it. I wanted to ride it when I was there in August but it had an hour-long wait :(. I agree with you re: Valravn, their newest coaster is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloweekends are a blast at Cedar Point! Our family went last year and had a great time. I did not get to see the Blood Drums. Wishing I would have now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cedar Point - Fun for the whole Family - well said. I like this place very much. It is the best place for Halloweekends. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been there. Is this the park that's associated with Carowinds in Charlotte, NC? Hmmmmm....wondering if a season pass would cover them both?

    ReplyDelete
  5. have some members of my family that would love this
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo fun! I am so intrigued by that mummy pit! Makes me want to go in too :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so fun! My family will surely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I love Cedar Point. It's been years since I've gone though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like so much fun! I'd definitely love to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had so much fun! I haven't been in years. I didn't know they have a food band now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cedar point seems so much fun! I would love to visit with my son, especially for his birthday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Cedar Point when I was a kid/teen. I remember all my friends loving Halloweekends because the lines were much shorter, so they could ride the Raptor as much as they wanted! I probably just aged myself with this comment. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too fun! We have visited during HalloWeekends before, but this year made it to the park before school started again in the fall :) I definitely want to do HalloWeekends again when my kids get a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't been to Cedar Point, looks like great fun! Would love to visit sometime :)

    — DT | Here I Scribble

    ReplyDelete
  15. We haven't been to Cedar Point or to NC. I wish we could visit sometime. The roller coaster rides would be something my sons would really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love cedar point! Have not been there in years but need to go soon for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are all awesome reasons to go to Cedar Point. It would be nice to go there during the fall because the weather is stable! I'd go there if my family lived nearer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Before this post I didn't know that place exists, but it deffiantely looks interesting and fun. Maybe one day I'll be able to travel there haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This place is awesome! how I wish I can bring my family there, it would be a lovely experience.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The kids will definitely have a grand time here! I love that there's so much that you can do!

    ReplyDelete