Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Valentine's Day - Gift Ideas

valentines day, blended family, stepmom, step family, gift ideas, valentine gift ideas
Valentine’s Day is my favorite holiday. I love the holiday because I am a romantic person at heart and also because I love being able to show the people that are in our lives how much they mean to us.  I also love decorating my house with hearts everywhere and making valentine crafts up with the children.  Every year I add on more decorations to my collection.  It’s really fun to get ready for Valentine’s Day.  I love being able to express and show how I feel towards those I love.  Even though you should always look for ways to show how much you love someone every day, not just on Valentine’s Day.  I love getting cards and gifts such as candy for those who are very important to me.  There are times where I get my husband two cards because I have a hard time deciding between the two cards.  One year my husband and I got each other the same exact cards.  It’s so nice to know that we both feel the same way for each other. I love to give more than receive even though it’s really nice and melts my heart when I get something in return.
This year I have decided to book a hotel for the weekend for just the two of us that also has a hot tub in the room along with buying new lingerie. I am going to plan on making it “a no phone/social media weekend” and just let it be all about us and just enjoying one another’s company.  We are also going to write love letters to one another, telling each other how we feel about one another.  Last year, I got him two cards and separately wrote fifty things that I love about my husband, he loved it.  Sometimes our husbands really need to feel like no one and nothing else matters but them. 
I know some of us have a hard time trying to find the right gifts for our children and stepchildren, yet alone our husbands.  I have created a list of gift ideas for our children and for our husbands.
20 Gift Ideas for our Children for Valentine’s Day
  1. Get them cards and write 5 things that you love about them in the card along with a $5.00 gift card to their favorite dessert place such as Dairy Queen, Munchies, McDonalds, Yogurt City, Cheesecake Factory, etc. or just give them $5.00 cash.
  2. Teenagers – a card with $20 in it or a gift card to their favorite store or restaurant.
  3. A Small Stuffed Animal and their favorite candy. An example of stuffed animals would be the TY stuffed animals.
  4. Bake them heart shaped cookies and decorate them and make a homemade card for them.
  5. Bake a Heart Shaped Cake and decorate it and cook their favorite dinner.
  6. New School Supplies or Art Set along with a card.
  7. A New Book that they may have been asking for.
  8. A Bracelet or Necklace with heart shaped charm on it.
  9. Buy some Valentine cupcakes from a bakery for example Just Baked.
  10. Heart Memory Game that can be customized with your child’s pictures on it cost $20 at pinholepress.com .
  11. Buy or Create your own heart shaped crayons.  You can buy them for just $9 at ivylanedesigns.etsy.com.
  12. Valentine’s Cookie Bouquet by cookies by design and gets it delivered to the school or at home.
  13. Fruit Bouquets starting at $29 from ediblearrangements.com.
  14. Have a small Bouquet of flowers delivered to school for them.
  15. Hearts Stamp Set for kids who love stamping, just $7 at fatbraintoys.com.
  16. Nail Polish Sets for $22.50 from piggypaint.com.
  17. Make a Coupon Book – that has coupons that say for example: stay up 1 hour later, no chore day, ice cream for dinner, go to the movies, go to the mall, get a new book, whatever they want day.
  18. New Pajamas or new Outfit.
  19. New Small Inexpensive Toy.
  20. iTunes Gift Card.
20 Gift Ideas for your Husband for Valentine’s Day
  1. Surprise him with new Lingerie.
  2. Plan a Weekend away at a local hotel for the weekend with a hot tub in the room or just go away for the night if you can’t get away for the whole weekend.
  3. Massage Gift Certificate for him or even get a Couples Massage Gift Certificate.
  4. Make up a Coupon Book that says things like Free night to do nothing, naptime, anything they want, cook their favorite meal, make out session, free massage (from you), movie night, no chore night, night out with his buddies just to name a few examples.
  5. Cook their Favorite Meal for dinner and get them a card and write a letter to them telling them how you feel about them.
  6. Scavenger Hunt – put little messages all around the house telling him how you feel about him and have them lead to you naked on the bed.
  7. New Tool Set.
  8. Buy him Something that he’s been wanting and asking for.
  9. New Shaver and Shaving Kit.
  10. New Cologne.
  11. New Dress Shirt and Tie.
  12. Gift Card to his favorite store or restaurant.
  13. Bag of his favorite things he likes or needs (example: candy).
  14. Sexy Boxers or Underwear for him.
  15. Fulfill a Fantasy of his.
  16. Customized coffee mug with a picture of you together or the kids on it just for less than $14 at shutterfly.com.
  17. New Wallet or Money Clip.
  18. Cufflinks with his initials on them.
  19. Get Tickets to his favorite sports team or favorite band.
  20. Take him to a Gun Range and go shooting together.
I hope all of these ideas really help you find the right gift for your children and husband for this Valentine’s Day. I really hope all of you have the best Valentine’s Day yet.


11 comments:

  1. I love all of your gift ideas. Every time I think that I have already gotten him everything, I run across a list like yours with some new ideas, so thanks!
    Carol
    http://carolcassara.com/love-each-another/

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was me - it would be an ITunes gift card - or a nice scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would find it hard to go without social media for the weekend! At the very least, I would need to check my email :). Nice gift ideas - at this point last year I was dating my bf only 3 months, so I wasn't sure what to get him. This time it's a year and 3 months :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to give your kids and your hubby gifts on Valentine's day. It's a great way to make people feel loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great ideas. I love the memory game made from pictures of your child!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is such a great list! I love it how you included lingerie as a surprise for HIM. lol I think my wife would really love some flowers and a heart felt card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas - thanks! It's also hubby & my ten-year wedding anniversary this month, but we're traveling in opposite directions for Valentine's Day and our anniversary. We'll be sure to celebrate when we're back in the same place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great ideas. I love giving gifts to the kids on Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the idea of writing 5 things I love about them. I'm totally doing this! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the ideas you have here. I think they will love those Gift Cards the most. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of your gift ideas. It's a great way to make people feel loved.

    ReplyDelete